Oh, what grand plans I set myself for writing in 2016.
- Three short stories to submit to competitions… Ha ha!
- A novella. *snort*
- Completing my unfinished MS. *hangs head*
- Researching my fourth MS. What’s that over there?!
What I did manage to do was this:
- Revised and resubmitted my MS, Songs of All Poets
- Revised and researched my MS, An Emu War
- Underwent a structural edit of An Emu War
- Added 20K words to my unfinished MS — then abandoned it (again)
- Wrote 30K words of my ‘fourth’ MS during NaNoWriMo
- Wrote one short story and submitted it to a zillion competitions and lit mags
I’m happy with that.
In 2017, my hope is for the words to continue to flow. But I plan to do the following:
- Undergo further edits to An Emu War
- Research and write the first and second drafts of my ‘fourth’ MS, tentatively called Crumbs and Stones
- Research my next MS and write 40K words of the first draft
- Write two short stories and submit them everywhere
What are your writing goals for 2017?