Yeah, yeah. Everyone’s doing a Top Ten. Yes, there’s a lot of conformity in reading these days.
I’ve tweeted how much I enjoyed these books this year and I want to give them another shout out. Each of them moved me–to tears, laughter and reflection. All moved me to want to be a better writer and storyteller.
In no particular order:
- The Last Summer of the Water Strider by Tim Lott
- The Last Roundhead by Jemahl Evans
- Rush Oh! by Shirley Barrett
- Swimming Home by Mary-Rose MacColl
- A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson
- Circling the Sun by Paula MacLain
- The Brewer’s Tale by Karen Brooks
- The Other Side of the World by Stephanie Bishop
- Give the Devil His Due by Sulari Gentill
- Z – A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler